Minutes of LNP Meeting 17th April 2019
Lovelace Neighbourhood Plan Group
Minutes of a Meeting held on 17 April 2019 at 2pm am at RPC offices
PRESENT: Annie Cross (chair), Cameron Brown (secretary), Jennie Cliff (RPC), Liseanne Mealing (RPC), Malcolm Aish (OPC), Jim Morris (RPC)
- Apologies: Peter Bevan (OPC), Michael Jenkins (RHS Wisley), Richard Ayears (RPC)
- Annie Cross advised the group that she would stand down as chair by the end of the month and would then be away for a month but would make herself available for consultation thereafter. Cameron Brown will also resign as secretary at the same time and will not be available for regular meetings thereafter. AC stressed that the two parish councils must now take on the responsibility for completing the NP and taking it through the final stages.
- After today’s discussions a new version of the complete plan will, after editing by CB, be distributed to all PC members in hard copy by JM. Electronic copies will also be available as PDFs. This should be ready by the end of the month. AC will also send the revised Policies and Justifications next week to GBC for them to arrange for their consultants to review the policies and update the SEA/HRA/AA. The updated screening will, in due course, need to be dealt with by the PCs.
- In a recent email Dan Knowles of GBC advised that the LNP needs to include updated SEA/HRA assessments before the plan is completed. This led to a discussion as to whether we should submit the NP before GBC adopt their LP, possibly on 25-4-19. MA indicated that the adoption of the LP was likely to be challenged and as it is probably impossible for us to be ready to submit before 25/4 it was agreed that we should await the outcome of the re-screening by GBC’s consultants before deciding on the next steps.
- Careful consideration was then given to the detailed comments on the draft LNP received from Troy,, independent consultants. . A redraft will be undertaken incorporating many of the structural recommendations. Several proposals that items of factual comment be deleted as being potentially negative in tone were rejected by LNPG on the principle that the NP cannot ignore serious matters which are evidently of central concern to the Lovelace residents.
- AC explained the layout of the Appendices section of the NP and will distribute it with the redraft referred to in para 2 above
- Reg 14 responses had been discussed and our outline responses minuted at a meeting of LNPG on Nov 20 2018 and consequential amendments have since been made to the general structure of the NP and to many Policies. AC had recently circulated to the LNPG an Appendix document setting out in detail all of the Reg 14 responses and LNPG’s subsequent considered decisions in respect of the drafting of the NP. This document was discussed in detail at this meeting and, subject to minor revision, will constitute an Appendix to the NP
- Date of next meeting 24.4.2019.