Present:
Peter Gelardi, Chairman, (PG)(Chairman) (Secretary)
Richard Ayears (Ripley) (RA)
Annie Cross (Ripley) (AC)
Jan Jewers (Ripley) (JJ)
Apologies: Cameron Brown (Wisley) (CAB)
Chris Baker (Ockham) (CB)
Jim Morris, Treasurer, (Ripley) (JM)
Not present: Michael Jenkins (Wisley) (MJ)
In attendance: Jim Allen (JA)

1. The minutes of the meeting on 5th October 2016 were agreed and signed by the chairman.
No matters arising.

2. Review of GBC Local Plan Status:
The timing of the progress of the draft Local Plan remained vague but, because of the 20,000+ objections received, GBC were still deciding what amendments, if any were required. There had also been doubt cast by GBC on their own SMHA figures post-Brexit.
The general feeling was that it would be some time before there was any clarity on the timescale, but that, in the light of this, the new Plan would be unlikely to be adopted before the Lovelace NP reached ‘emerging’ status in mid-2017.

3. Review Status of Air Quality Project:
Chris Baker had provided an up to date quote from TRL to complete a three month AQ study covering three measures – NO2, PM (particulate matter) 10 and PM 2.5.
The early readings from the GBC tubes in Ripley High Street were now available in ‘raw data’ form (i.e. not yet corrected for biases). The reading for PM 10, at 27mg per cum were some way below the EU maximum of 40 mg. But it was argued that the tubes had been placed too high above the road and so it was agreed that LNPG would commission the study and that PG would ask TRL to commence work as soon as possible and AC would select the best location for the sampler box and get the owner’s permission to locate it there.
The study could be reviewed after two months and terminated, if appropriate.

4. Draft Neighbourhood Plan:
JA had presented the latest draft of the NP (Plan 2b v 5). It was agreed that the steps to get it to the point where it could be examined by Navigus, Montague Evans and others were as follows.
JA would spend the next two weeks taking submissions from Policy Team Heads with a view to minimising duplication, getting the ‘flow’ right and sorting out the appendices. This was expected to produce Plan 2c by the 20th November.
Then a ‘Star Chamber’, consisting of JA, PG and CB would do an editing job on this and consult further with Policy Heads.
The objective was to have this edited version (Plan 2d) by the next LNPG Steering Committee meeting which would be at the RPC office and take the form of a line by line run-through of the document to produce Plan2d v2. (PG check with JM re office.)

5. Consultants:
It was agreed that we would not ask consultants to look at the draft until Plan 2d v 2 was ready.
In the meantime RA should contact AECOM to see if they could complete the Site Analysis on some late arriving development sites under their current free support contract with LNPG.

6. Road Map:
It was agreed that the Road Map drawn up after the last meeting should remain the plan.

7. Treasurers Report:
The funding tranche applied for by JA in September was still in process and Locality were waiting for the AQ quote in order to complete their approval of the package applied for.

8. General Communication:
AC had placed an advert in The Grapevine for someone to run the website and social media for the LNPG. This had elicited an application from one Jamie Hogg, who was known to her. PG and AC to discuss the role with him on the 18th.

9. AOB
There was no other business.

10. Next Meeting
The next meeting will be Sunday 13h December, at 7pm at the RPC office (TBC).